Lee Minho's Legend of the Blue Sea vs Descendants of the Sun; top 4 K-dramas 2016
In the year 2016, there were good Korean dramas aplenty across pay TV and the 3 main Korean broadcasters and the top four rankings are as follows:
1. Descendants of the Sun - Song JoongKi and Song HyeKyo - 28.6% viewership (KBS Grand Prize Award Winner 2016)
2. Doctor Crush - Kim Raewon and Park Shinhye - 18.4% ratings viewership
3. Moonlight Drawn by Clouds (also known as Love in the Moonlight) - Park Bogum and Kim Yoojung - 18.3% viewership
3. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim - Yoo Yeonseok and Seo Hyunjin - 18.3% viewership ties with "Moonlight"
4. The Legend of the Blue Sea - Lee Minho and Jun Jihyun - 16.9% viewership.
The Legend of the Blue Sea was tipped to overtake Descendants of the Sun but perhaps, too much pressure to perform was piled up right from episode one leading to the drama's inability to break new grounds.
The Legend of the Blue Sea is still ongoing with episode 13 aired on 28 Dec 2016. The last episode will be 20th on 26 Jan 2017, 22:00, KST. And the drama did hit a high of 18.9% on episode 6, 1 Dec 2016, giving its producers hope that it will break new records by the final episode.
Korean remake of Chinese drama Scarlet Heart, titled "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" did not do so well in Korea or China with ratings of only 7.6% on average. It did better in South East Asia.
Song JoongKi and Song Hyekyo wins the Grand Prize and Best Couple Awards at KBS Drama Awards 2016 on last Saturday.
In their previous life together, Lee Minho, the prince, takes an arrow and dies for mermaid girlfriend Jun Jihyun.
Now they are meeting again this lifetime.
2016韩剧收视排行榜 《太后》夺冠《步步》惨淡(Flash player required)