Singapore HDB Flat Resale & Rental Prices Q2 2016
HDB Resale Market
The Resale Price Index (RPI) for 2nd Quarter 2016 remained unchanged from 1st Quarter 2016, at 134.7.
Resale transactions increased by 31.2%, from 4,449 cases in 1st Quarter 2016 to 5,838 cases in 2nd Quarter 2016.
The median resale prices in the various towns are tabulated in the table below.
1) (-) indicates no resale transactions in the quarter.
2) Asterisks (" * ") refer to cases where there are less than 20 resale transactions in the quarter for the particular town and flat type. The median prices of these cases are not shown as they may not be representative.
3) The data above excluded transactions that may not accurately reflect the market price; i.e. resale of part shares, resale between related parties, cases under the Conversion Scheme, terrace flats and converted flats.
4) The figures are rounded to the nearest hundred dollars.
HDB Rental Market
The median subletting rents in the various towns in 2nd Quarter 2016 are tabulated in the table below.
The number of applications approved for subletting of HDB flats increased by 5.2%, from 11,239 cases in 1st Quarter 2016 to 11,824 cases in 2nd Quarter 2016. As at 30 Jun 2016, 52,171 HDB flats were sublet, an increase of 2.2% over 1st Quarter 2016 (51,052 units).
1. (-) indicates no subletting transactions in the quarter.
2. Asterisks (“ * ”) refer to cases where there are less than 20 subletting transactions in the quarter for the particular town and flat type. The median rents of these cases are not shown as they may not be representative.
3. The data above is based on rents self-declared in the subletting application forms. Nevertheless, it serves as a useful reference in sublet flat hunting.
4. The median rent tells you that half of the units for that flat type in that town were rented above that price and half below.
5. The figures are rounded to the nearest ten dollars.
Upcoming Sales Launch
In 1H2016, HDB offered 13,110 flats, comprising 7,940 Build-To-Order (BTO) flats and 5,170 balance flats. In August 2016, HDB will offer about 4,800 BTO flats in Hougang, Sembawang, Tampines and Yishun. More information on the August 2016 BTO exercise is available on the HDB InfoWEB.