Singapore Q3 2016 HDB Flat Resale & Rental Prices
HDB Resale Market
The Resale Price Index (RPI) for 3rd Quarter 2016 remained unchanged from 2nd Quarter 2016, at 134.7.
Resale transactions decreased by 5.5%, from 5,838 cases in 2nd Quarter 2016 to 5,514 cases in 3rd Quarter 2016.
The median resale prices in the various towns are tabulated as follows.
1) (-) indicates no resale transactions in the quarter.
2) Asterisks (" * ") refer to cases where there are less than 20 resale transactions in the quarter for the particular town and flat type. The median prices of these cases are not shown as they may not be representative.
3) The data above excluded transactions that may not accurately reflect the market price; i.e. resale of part shares, resale between related parties, cases under the Conversion Scheme, terrace flats and converted flats.
4) The figures are rounded to the nearest hundred dollars.
HDB Rental Market
The median subletting rents in the various towns in 3rd Quarter 2016 are tabulated as follows.
1. (-) indicates no subletting transactions in the quarter.
2. Asterisks (“ * ”) refer to cases where there are less than 20 subletting transactions in the quarter for the particular town and flat type. The median rents of these cases are not shown as they may not be representative.
3. The data above is based on rents self-declared in the subletting application forms. Nevertheless, it serves as a useful reference in sublet flat hunting.
4. The median rent tells you that half of the units for that flat type in that town were rented above that price and half below.
5. The figures are rounded to the nearest ten dollars.
The number of applications approved for subletting of HDB flats decreased by 8.8%, from 11,824 cases in 2nd Quarter 2016 to 10,789 cases in 3rd Quarter 2016. As at 30 Sep 2016, 52,394 HDB flats were sublet, an increase of 0.4% over 2nd Quarter 2016 (52,171 units).
Upcoming Sales Launch
In November 2016, HDB will offer about 5,090 new flats in Bedok, Bidadari, Kallang/Whampoa and Punggol in a Build-To-Order (BTO) exercise. About 5,000 balance flats will also be offered in a concurrent Sale of Balance Flats exercise. More information on the BTO flats is available on the HDB InfoWEB.